Hair. Hair. Hair. It's one of the physical parts of myself that I've never been insecure about. I've never used harsh chemicals, no dying or frying. It's long, it's thick and in the summer I get cool highlights. But, because of the good health my hair is in right now, I want to keep it that way. So, I pay extra special attention to the products that I use. And here are my five current loves and must-haves in the tresses department:
1. Suave "For Kids" Double Dutch Apple Detangler: Because of my super long, thick hair, I need detangler. And this one, although it's just "for kids" works better than any other fancy product I've ever tried. Plus, it smells insanely good.
2. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Crystal Clear Hairspray: I'm a very big fan of all of Victoria's Secret's hairsprays. They smell incredible (for hairspray) and keep your hair soft while keeping its hold. But recently, I tried this puppy out since I hate the way a lot of hairsprays darken my hair when used. And this is true to form, it doesn't dull my color at all.
3. Bed Head Curling Rod: I discovered this genius invention last year and haven't put it down since. I've never had curlers or curling irons that keep my hair curled all day long and this takes care of the job everyday.
4. Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Treatment: O my goodness, this was one of my favorite Christmas presents from the past holiday. I slap on a bit of this cream while my hair is still damp, before I start blow drying and it helps to enhance, style and volumize the entire day's hairdo.
5. Suave Naturals Shampoo, Sun Ripened Strawberries: Usually, I only buy Suave in the coconut scent, but the strawberries are perfect for a quick clean. I rotate shampoo and conditioner every day between inexpensive and fancier products. I can go from Herbal Essences to Big and Sexy to Suave in a mere four days. This rotation keeps a vibrancy in my hair that falls away when I use the same wash over and over.